Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bath & Body Works: Halloween


I put off buying any Bath & Body Works Halloween products until they were on clearance, and I missed out on several items. But I did get quite a few good ones for dirt-cheap prices. I expected the scents to be a repackaging of existing fragrances, but they must be reformulations because while very similar to others, they are their own standalone gems. These 3 oz. lotions retailed at $5; I purchased 4 at $1.25/pop & am so glad I did! Super for full price, amazing for the discounted price. To my knowledge, these lotions don't have fragrance counterparts, but they're definitely fit for layering with similar scents.

Plum Potion

B&BW description: "sweet plum, blood orange and black raspberry"

My take: A definite plum, sweetened and only mildly tart, thankfully lacking the typical berry sourness. Blood orange has a deeper scent than most orange, so there's no citrus bite to this. It's not mentioned as a note, but this scent has a candied, vanilla touch that reigns in the plum, giving it a creamy, sugary background. This fragrance is my favorite of the Halloween products; it's the perfect blend of festive, autumnal, fruity and creamy. It's a strong, deep scent, but also lively & fruity enough to make it refreshing in warmer seasons.

Black Candy Apple

B&BW description: "juicy apple, caramelized sugar and irresistible vanilla"

My take: I honestly expected this to be the same as Winter Candy Apple, but it surprised me, being less musky-fruity than Winter Candy Apple & more buttery-warm. The apple-vanilla combo is strong at first whiff, but on application, the apple definitely takes a backseat to the vanilla as the caramelized sugar appears, warm and buttery. A nice now-and-then scent suited for colder weather.

Scream-a-Colada

B&BW description: "creamy coconut, juicy pineapple and a hint of rum"

My take: Oh wow. I was skeptical at a pina colada fragrance for Halloween, but I'm a sucker for anything tropical, so I ordered it. It does smell similar to B&BW's other coconut-type scents, but it has its own character that I just love. It blows me away in the bottle, cool, juicy and wet with coconut & pineapple, but on application, the rum note adds a warmth that really make it work for autumn. It's a cool, summery favorite warmed up just enough, and who doesn't love a sweet spirit for Halloween! :)

Wicked Spiced Pumpkin

B&BW description: "white pumpkin, fresh ginger and whipped vanilla musk"

My take: Not the typical pumpkin scent I was expecting, this is a definite musky cream base with a subtle, toasty pumpkin. In the bottle, I smelled Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, which I love but was hoping for something different...which it certainly is on application. This isn't so much a spicy pumpkin as it is a wholesome, creamy concoction. It's like pumpkin musk, warm and cozy, subtly sweet. festive enough for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment