Friday, March 20, 2009

Scumbag Mentoring

Yesterday as I waited at Uncle Ben's for a tanning bed to open up, I was privy to an exchange between 2 men; one younger, who kept staring at me, the other older & much shorter, resembling a wasp w/ a grizzled grey beard...

Younger Man: “…Yeah, ‘bout to go pick up my son.” [It’s about 4:30 p.m]

Older Man: [incoherent] “…Yeah, yeah, they grow up fast.” [blah blah blah]

[At this point, the cashier is waiting on me & the conversation fades into the background. Then I hear:]

Younger Man: “…have to find a babysitter; not easy for a single dad to do...” [ more blah blah blah]

Older Man: “…I never was around my kids ‘til they got growed. I told their mama I wonted a divorce but she’d hafta keep the kids…”

Younger Man: [incoherent agreement] “Yeah, yeah…”

I don’t know if Younger Man was trying to impress anyone w/in earshot by indicating that he’s a single dad, but he probably didn’t count on the fact that someone w/in earshot had a father just like him & his friend: deadbeats who love the act of procreation as long as they have a woman to dump their kids on like unwanted luggage.

Lesson for the day: If you think you’re going to score chicks with your deadbeat dad routine, better work on your game, noob.

No comments:

Post a Comment