Sunday, March 15, 2009

Working at Braums: rocket science?

I set out today w/ Wendy, Olivia, Bobby & Josh to eat at Pete's Place in McAlester. I'd never been & although I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not trying the peach beer, I did find out why Wendy, et. al., love the place so much. It's a weird atmosphere; the place looks more like an apartment complex than a restaurant. But the food was amazing, & abundant! For my part, I ordered the alfredo, but the entire table had an all-you-can-eat supply of spaghetti, meatballs, ravioli, garlic bread, salad & pickled peppers.

After a joke done in poor taste at Wendy's expense, we headed to Braum's under some false expectation that we could cram more food into our stomachs. Well, I was able to, for some reason, scarf down 2 scoops in a waffle cone, half of Bobby's sundae & part of Wendy's. Although it's a surprise I ever got the cone... Allow me to illustrate:

Me: "I'd like a Strawberry Shortcake Sundae."
Waitress: [with sundae cup in hand] "We're out of Strawberry Shortcake."
Me: "Oh, hm, ok. Just gimme 2 scoops on Pineapple Almond in a waffle
cone."
Waitress: [scoops Pineapple Almond into sundae cup] "Did you want the
chocolate & stuff on it?"
Me: [staring] "Um, I want it in a cone."
Waitress: [shows me the cup] "Ma'am, sundaes come in a cup."
Me: [staring] ".......Yes. I wanted 2 scoops of that in a cone."
Waitress: [looks baffled]

Something tells me she didn't exactly turn down a position at NASA...

Well, unfortunately, I got home to discover 5 vehicles in the driveway. And a missing kitten. Apparently, the kids had been playing. Apparently, they scared the bejeesus out of her & she ran away. Either that, or jumped into one vehicle, whose doors were open when I drove up. I LOVE being disregarded entirely. I think it's about time to move so I can take care of my own s*** w/out worrying that others will be around who don't give a rat's a**.

2 comments:

  1. For Christ sake.....you really think that you are gonna get Italian food in McAlester. I ate at Giacomos and it was spaghetti with oil on it. Nasssssstttttyyyyy. Esta semana, yo voy ir a Baja California parra mirar los pescados alla. Si no he tenera una correo de ti,........yo voy a cagar en su cabezza

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) If IIII lived on a veritable trust fund, maybe I could eat Italian food elsewhere instead of wherever I can on my employment-allotted wknd; 2) Your Spanish is passable, but you threw me w/ "parra". I was thinking, "grapevine? wtf?"; 3) I seem to remember us doing an e-mail check awhile back & never knowing if you rec'd my msgs...; 4) I will e-mail your sardonic old butt b/c I love ya, CUZ! :)

    ReplyDelete